Terms and Conditions of Use of Meditrends Website
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the service we make available through our website www.meditrends.co.uk (“the Website”) (the “Service”) and limits our liability to you. Please read them carefully
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions of use on behalf of yourself and your employer organization and that you agree to comply with them. References to “you” and “your” include your employer organisation.
1. Provision of Service
- 1.1 The Service is provided by Meditrends Limited whose registered office is at Ash Barn, Lower Severalls, Crewkerne TA18 7NX and whose company number is 08544025.
- 1.2 If it chooses to accept your application for to use the Service, Meditrends Limited will provide the Service subject to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.3 The authorisation to use the Service granted to you by Meditrends Limited under the Terms and Conditions is conditional upon you complying with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Password Security
- 2.1 You have chosen a password or been allocated a password by Meditrends Limited to enable your access to and use of the Service for the duration of this agreement.
- 2.2 The password is only authorised for use by you whilst carrying out the business of your organisation.
- 2.3 The password is confidential information and it must not be disclosed or made available to or used on behalf of any third party. You are responsible for ensuring that no unauthorised use is made of the Service. You must promptly notify Meditrends Limited if you become aware of or have grounds to suspect that an unauthorised third party is making use of the Service or the password.
- 2.4 If Meditrends Limited reasonably believes that your password or the Service is being used in any way which is not permitted by these Terms and Conditions, Meditrends Limited may suspend your authorisation to use the Service immediately until the issue has been resolved to Meditrends Limited’s satisfaction.
- 2.5 If you leave your organisation you must not continue to use your current username and password to access the Meditrends website. If you wish to continue to use Meditrends, you should re-register for Meditrends using the details of your new employing organisation.
3. Rights to Use Content
- 3.1 You may review, extract and use the material made available as part of the Service (“the Content”) only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- 3.2 You agree that the Content of the Website will be used for the benefit of health and social care in one of the following manners:
- Planning of local health and social care
- Understanding the efficiency of existing local clinical pathways and healthcare services
- Modelling and development of new healthcare services and clinical pathways
- Monitoring the implementation of healthcare services and clinical pathways
- 3.3 You may not:
- Modify, reproduce or commercially exploit any of the Content
- Make the Content or any material made available as part of the Service available to any third party nor authorise or permit any third party to use the password or the Service;
- Redistribute any of the Content (including by using it as part of any internal library, archive or similar service);
- Remove any copyright or trade mark notice from any copies made of the Content;
- Create a database in electronic or any other form by copying or using all or any of the Content.
4. Availability of the Service
- 4.1 Access to the Service and the Content that is available on the Website is provided on a temporary basis. Meditrends Limited does not guarantee that the Service will be available on a continuous basis and will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period
5. Duration and Termination
- 5.1 This agreement will remain in force from the date at which Meditrends Limited authorises you to use the Service and the Website unless terminated accordance with this clause.
- 5.2 Meditrends Limited may terminate this agreement and your access to the Service immediately by giving you notice (which may be given by email) if you or any other user from your employer organisation are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- 5.3 On termination of this agreement by Meditrends Limited, you agree to destroy and/or delete any Content in your possession.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
- 6.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions operates to transfer any right title or interest in the Content other than the right to access and use the Content in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7. Restriction on Organisation's User Numbers
- 7.1 Access to the Service is limited to 10 users per employer organisation.
- 7.2 If more than 10 users from an employer organization register on the Meditrends website, Meditrends will contact the employer organisation and seek their nomination as to which users should have their accounts suspended in order to bring the number of users from that organisation to 10. Meditrends will then suspend users who are not nominated by their employer organization.
8. Change of Terms and Condition
- 8.1 Meditrends Limited may at its discretion change or alter these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time
- 8.2 You are given the ability to review the Terms and Conditions of Use each time you log in to the Service. By accepting the Terms and Conditions at log in you agree to all changes and alterations to the these Terms and Conditions of Use
- 9.1 Meditrends Limited will collect data about you from data given at registration and by logging your use of query functionality on the Service. Meditrends Limited may use this information to:
Further enhance and develop the Website and its Contents
Monitor your adherence to these Terms and Conditions of Use
- 9.2 Meditrends will not share information it collects about you with other party except:
- Your employer organisation; and/or
- NHS Digital, in fulfillment of our obligations to report on use of the Service
- 9.3 Meditrends Limited may contact you in the future regarding other services that it considers may be of benefit to you or your organisation
- 10.1 Because of the nature of the HES data forming the Content of the Service, Meditrends Limited has had no control over the creation of the material and has not taken any steps to verify its accuracy or completeness. Meditrends Limited cannot offer any warranty in respect of the Content, the accuracy of the Content, the Content’s fitness for any particular purpose or that the Content represents a complete record of the relevant material. It is for you to take such steps as you deem necessary to verify or confirm the Content.
- 10.2 Meditrends Limited makes no warranty that the Website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties. All implied warranties are excluded from this agreement to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law.
- 10.3 The Content and other materials available on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Meditrends Limited cannot accept liability arising from any reliance placed on the Content or other such materials.
- 10.4 Meditrends Limited aims to update the Website regularly, and may change the Content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the Content or other material on the site may be out of date at any given time, and Meditrends Limited is under no obligation to update the Content or other material promptly or at all.
- 10.5 Subject to Clause 10.6, Meditrends Limited shall in no circumstances be liable to you for:
- Any loss of profits, revenue, opportunity, contracts, sales, turnover, anticipated savings, goodwill, reputation, business opportunity, production, or loss to or corruption of data (regardless of whether any of these losses or damages are direct, indirect or consequential); and
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including where such loss or damage is of the type specified in Clause 10.2.1.
- Other than any warranties expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, warranties, conditions or other terms, whether express or implied by statute, common law, trade usage or otherwise are excluded except to the extent the exclusion is prohibited by law.
- 10.6 Nothing in these Terms & Conditons shall limit Meditrends Limited’s liability to the you for:
- Death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Meditrends Limited’s, its employees, agents or subcontractors;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
- 11.1 Meditrends Limited may transfer and/or assign its rights and/or obligations under its contract with you. However, the right to use the Service granted under these Terms and Conditions is personal to you and your employer organisation and you may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under the contract.
- 11.2 You warrant that you have sufficient authority to agree to these Terms and Conditions on your own behalf and on behalf of your employer organisation
- 11.3 These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between Meditrends Limited and you in relation to their subject matter and may be amended only by our agreement in writing.
- 11.4 The agreement between us and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law.
- 11.5 The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, the agreement between us although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.